The air quality wind-speed and wind-direction sensor is a great option for air-quality measurements. It is designed to be lightweight and high-performance, with a focus on simplicity and accuracy. This wind monitor provides a lower starting threshold, faster response, and higher accuracy than other wind monitors. It is made of rigid, UV-stabilized thermoplastic, with stainless-steel and anodized-aluminum fittings. This material is resistant to corrosion from sea-air environments and atmospheric pollutants.
The wind monitor uses stainless-steel, precision-grade ball bearings for the propeller shaft and vertical shaft bearings, which helps to ensure accuracy and reliability. Overall, the air quality wind-speed and wind-direction sensor seems like a great option for those looking for a lightweight, high-performance solution for air-quality measurements.
Benefits and Features
- Compatible with most Buraq Integrated Solutions data loggers.
- Constructed with thermoplastic material that resists corrosion from sea-air environments and atmospheric pollutants.
- Lower starting threshold, faster response, and higher accuracy than the other wind monitors.
- Meets or exceeds requirements of the following regulatory agencies: U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Agency, and American Nuclear Society.
- Compatible with the LLAC4 4-channel Low-Level AC-Conversion Module, which increases the number of anemometers one data logger can measure.
- Compatible with the CWS900-series interfaces, allowing it to be used in a wireless sensor network
The R. M. Young wind monitor family.
- 05103, standard version
- 05103-45, rugged, alpine version
- 05305, more responsive but less rugged version
- 05106, marine-grade version
|Sensor||Helicoid-shaped, 4-blade propeller and fuselage-shaped sensor body|
|Measurement description||Wind speed and direction|
|Operating temperature range||-50° to +50°C (assuming non-riming conditions)|
|Mounting pipe description|
34 mm (1.34 in.) OD
Standard 1.0-in. IPS schedule 40
|Housing diameter||5 cm (2.0 in.)|
|Height||38 cm (15.0 in.)|
|Length||65 cm (25.6 in.)|
|Propeller diameter||20 cm (7.9 in.)|
|Weight||1.1 kg (2.5 lb.)|